Greenpeace and the Weapons of Mass Destruction
Awareness Programme invite you to a seminar:
10 am – 12 noon,
Boothroyd Room, Portcullis House, House of Commons.
The seminar will address:
• Philippe Sands QC’s legal opinion that Trident replacement
is likely to breach international law;
• The threat Trident replacement poses to the Nuclear Non-
Proliferation Treaty and the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty;
• The impact of Trident replacement on efforts to resolve
the Iranian nuclear crisis;
• Whether it makes more sense to spend the tens of billions
that Trident replacement would cost on measures to arrest
climate change and deal with the treat of terrorism.
TRIDENT REPLACEMENT: THE TIPPING POINT?
Baroness Shirley Williams.
• Professor Louise Doswald-Beck
Director, University Centre for
International Humanitarian Law.
• Professor Ken Booth
Head, Department of International
Relations, University of Aberystwyth.
• Dr Charles Dick
Senior Research Fellow,
UK Defence Academy.
• John Vidal